American Industrial Systems (AIS) announced a seven-inch panel PC designed for factory automation, SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition), and HMI (human machine interface) applications. The IPW07I93S-A2 includes a resistive touchscreen, a 1.1GHz Atom Z510P processor, and a Mini PCI Express-based SSD (solid state disk), the company says.
According to AIS, its compact IPW07I93S-A2 targets SCADA and HMI applications running on Intel's 1.1GHz Atom Z510P processor and SCH US15WP northbridge/southbridge. Thanks in part to the Intel chips, which are larger and easier to cool than the standard Z510/SCH US15W, the device has a fanless operating range from 32 to 122 deg. F (0 to 50 deg. C), the company says.
American Industrial Systems' IPW07I93S-A2
The IPW07I93S-A2 (above) accepts up to 1GB of DDR2 memory in a single SODIMM slot, while fixed storage is provided by a 4GB SSD installed in one of two Mini PCI Express expansion slots, says AIS. The other slot would apparently be useful for installing a wireless networking card, since Wi-Fi is not listed as standard.
AIS says the IPW07I93S-A2 has two gigabit Ethernet ports, a VGA port, two USB 2.0 ports, and two serial ports (one RS232, one RS232/422/485). The panel PC is optionally available with a CAN bus port too, the company adds.
The IPW07I93S-A2's seven-inch screen provides resistive touch, a 300-nit brightness rating, and a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, according to AIS. It's said the front bezel meets IP65 standards for resisting liquids and dust.
Features and specifications listed by AIS for the IPW07I93S-A2 include:
- Processor — 1.1GHz Intel Atom Z510P
- Chipset — SCH US15WP
- Memory — up to 1GB of DDR2 RAM via single SODIMM slot
- Display — 7-inch resistive touchscreen with 800 x 480 resolution
- Storage — 4GB SSD mounted in Mini PCI Express slot
- Expansion — 2 x Mini PCI Express slots
- Networking — 2 x gigabit Ethernet
- Other I/O:
- 2 x serial (1 x RS232 and 1 x RS232/422/385
- 2 x USB
- 1 x VGA
- CAN bus (optional)
- Power requirements — 12VDC via external AC adapter; uses 15 Watts with max. backlight and CPU load
- Operating range — 32 to 122. deg. F (0 to 50 deg. C)
- Dimensions — 8.58 x 6.48 x 2.39 inches (218 x 164.6 x 60.8mm)
- Operating system support — Linux, Windows XP Embedded, Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard, Windows CE
AIS did not list pricing for the IPW07I93S-A2, but the device appears to be available now. More information may be found on the company's website, here.
This article was originally published on LinuxDevices and has been donated to the open source community by QuinStreet Inc. Please visit LinuxToday.com for up-to-date news and articles about Linux and open source.